Meet the Buxton Family
Hoveton Hall Estate is the home of Harry and Rachel Buxton and their four children – Samuel, William, Charlotte and Juliet – as well as Megan the Labrador, Tilly the Jack Russell, Pickle and Pebble the Spaniels plus a brood of chickens. The family moved into Hoveton Hall in September 2013 after Harry's parents, Andrew and Barbara, decided it was time to retire and pass on the management of the estate to the next generation. The hall is a lived in family home and the Buxtons consider themselves merely custodians of this very special place.
About the Estate
The estate covers around 120 acres of gardens and parkland and 450 acres of arable land, including grazing for sheep and Dexter cattle, as well as acres of glorious woodland.
At the heart of the estate is Hoveton Hall, a fine Regency house built of gault brick with a slate roof. The design is attributed to Humphry Repton and his son John Adey Repton and the hall bears marked similarities to Sheringham Hall, which was Repton's last commission. It was built between 1809 and 1812 for Christobella Burroughes (nee Negus) and her husband James who passed it on to their son Henry. To dig deeper into our history see our free History of The Hall download.
The management of the estate is important for its future preservation and it is managed as sustainably as possible. Natural woodland wastage is turned into firewood which is used through the hall and estate and surplus is available for sale. Please contact us for prices and availability.
For access information please read our Access Information Sheet or contact us for further information and assistance.
To find out more about our sustainability practices in the Hall for our Bed & Breakfast business along with details of our participation in the Love the Broads scheme please read our Sustainability Information Sheet.
History of the Hall